For sending out email reminders the default email address being used is the standard debtor email address. This is the case when no primary contact persons may receive the email.
How to find and use the default email address on the debtor sheet
- Go to Clients via the navigation bar. Or better: use the search box on top of the page to find the debtor immediately (and bypass step 2)
- Select the debtor to proceed to the debtor sheet
- In the left menu select Edit data
- In the section Contact data you can find the default debtor email address
- Right below you can indicate to use email for reminders
- Only when the field Yes is active for Email for reminders, all reminders will be sent by email. If the field No is active, only PDF reminders will be generated.
What if there are (extra) contacts with an email address?
On the same Edit data-page, at the bottom under the section Contacts, there is an option to add contacts.
Here you can manually add (or edit) other contacts that need to receive reminders. Contacts can also be added via export.
For these contacts there is the option to indicate if these contacts may receive emails. When this option is active for one or more contacts, reminders will be sent to these email addresses instead of the default debtor email address.
From the moment there is one contact with the option may receive emails active, the default debtor email address is ignored completely.
If you still want to use the default debtor email address - as well as other contacts - you should create a new contact with this email address (+option may receive emails active).