Depending on the iController contract license the reports module can be used for several useful analysis.
The basic reports are available for everyone. The preconfigured reports can be downloaded to Excel. These are the only reports that have live data (the data in iController dating from the last import).
How to access the basic reports?
- Go to Reports in the top navigation bar
- In the left menu, select Basic reports
- Download one from the list with preconfigured basic reports (csv-file)
The dynamic reports module is filled with a data snapshot from 9 PM the evening before (local time). The report fill of each platform will be ended in the early morning
Because of this, dynamic reports might slightly differ from the data in basic reports, which is up-to-date from the last import.
It is possible to use existing reports from the report library or to create new or adjust existing reports to your preferences.
In the report library you can find 40+ preconfigured dynamic reports.
Reports can be downloaded in different formats. Just select Excel (xlsx), CSV or other formats.
Reports can be renamed or modified (e.g. add a filter, remove or add columns). Use the copy symbol.
Modify dynamic reports
Editing and deleting a dynamic report
When you create a new report, this is by default private.
To edit your own dynamic reports. click on the report title or on the pencil (column Edit). Delete the report by using the trash icon.
Making a dynamic report accessible for other users
To make your report accessible for others users, click on the lock symbol. The lock magically opens and the report can now be copied by other users. It also appears in other users' list with reports.
Reports created by other users appear in your list when the access symbol is open and can be downloaded by other another user.
Other users' reports can not be edited or deleted by you. First use the copy symbol to duplicate the report to edit and rename it.
Create a new dynamic report
- Click the New report button on top of the dynamic reports page
- Select the base data to create your report
Data from all clients with at least one outstanding document in iController (this is a snapshot from the data from the evening before).
Both active and archived clients
Data from both active clients and archived clients can be consulted in the report (this is a snapshot from the data from the evening before).
Historical changes (Clients)
Use the report base 'Historical changes' to add the debtor date to the report to compare the client data over time. For example the evolution of the total outstanding for a client over time.
Data from all currently outstanding documents in iController (this is a snapshot from the data from the evening before).
Both active and archived documents
Data from both active and archived documents can be consulted in the report (this is a snapshot from the data from the evening before).
Historical changes (Documents)
Use this report base on document level to add the document date to the report and see the evolution of the document in the report. For example the evolution of the document status of a document since the document was imported in iController.
This option is used specifically for the dispute module Channel in iController. Contact our support team for more information on Channel.
This report base is useful to analyse different user actions in iController on the last days.
This report base is useful to analyse payment plans.
Useful for creating reports regarding workspaces.
- Give a name to the report
- Select your columns
Drag and drop the necessary columns from the Available columns on the left to the Selected columns on the right side.
To select other fields, change the Data category.
- Renaming columns or changing the layout
When clicking the pencil icon after moving the cursor over the selected field in the Selected columns, it is possible to rename the column and/or change the layout of the results (e.g. to amount)
When clicking the eye symbol on a field from the Selected columns (hover over the field!), the column will no longer be visible in the report and the selected column field turns grey (e.g. when you need the field for adding a filter, but there is no need to see it in the report)
- Adjusting a column field
To make an adjustment to one of the selected column fields, an advanced column can be created based on one of the selected fields.
Click the Advanced column button above the Selected columns and choose a function and the selected field. Rename this new column and uncheck the original field with the eye icon
(E.g. only extra the 'year' from a date field)
- Adding filters
By adding filters it is possible to only show a selection of the results in the report. To do so click on the link Add more complex filters (at the end of the page).
It is possible to filter on all selected columns above.
Change the function from AND to OR if it should only meet one of the criteria.
Click the brace symbol to add a sub-level to the filter.
Portfolios / Users
It is also possible to filter by portfolio(s) or user (relevant for reports on user actions base).
If you group on one of the selected columns, it will concatenate all values into different lines. E.g. Group on debtor name or reference in a report on document level to be have one line per debtor in the report.
Sort ascending or descending on a certain column.
It is possible to limit the number of results. This can be useful for report evolution over time to limit the number of results instead of user a date filter.
Click Show example on top of the page to see the results of the created report. It is possible to change the number of results from 10 to 25, 50 or 100 below the preview.
- Save the report
Click Save report on top of the page to save and close the created report.
It is possible to create a graph from an existing dynamic report.
- Click on Dashboard configuration in the left menu
- Click on Create new dashboard on top of the page
- Choose the report and click the plus icon next to the title
- Choose the Graph type
- Drag and drop the columns in the X and/or Y-axis
- Click Show example to see the result
- Click Add graph to dashboard to save
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to add more graphs to the dashboard
- Click on the star icon in the dashboard configuration list to select the created dashboard as your dashboard
- The dashboard can now be consulted when clicking My dashboard in the left menu
To modify an existing dashboard, click on the pencil icon (Edit-column) of the dashboard line and use the tool symbol to adjust the graph:
To automatically send a report on a recurring time, it is possible to create a task.
- Click on Task configuration in the left menu
- Click on Add new task to create a new task or use the pencil symbol to edit an existing one
- Choose a title
- Set the repeat period (daily, weekly, monthly) and time the report should be sent
- Select the Type: email or FTP
- Select the File: report of dashboard
- Choose one of the existing dynamic Reports or dashboards in the scroll down list
- The File type can be Excel 2007 or other types
- Choose the Number formatting (e.g. € 1000 or 1000 €)
- A general Template can be created and selected as accompanying email
- Choose whether or not to Compress the attachment (zip-file)
- The email addresses of the Recipients can be added at the bottom of the page
Use the plus symbol to add more recipients