Templates in iController are used to process all default communication (email, PDF, SMS) actions, in order to have an efficient working flow.
There are two groups of templates:
- Reminder and account statement templates
- General templates
During the set-up of your company's iController platform, procedures have been created to decide when and how to follow up debtors. To most of the procedural steps, being the written reminder or warning actions, there is a template linked.
Possible reminder templates are:
- Account statement
- Reminder 1, 2, 3, ...
- Registered letter
- Outsourcing notification
How to create a reminder template?
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click on the template group 'Reminder templates' in the left menu
- Click on the 'add new template' button
- Choose the company and click 'add template'
A template must always be linked to a company. If you have multiple constituents in iController, you need to add a template (e.g. reminder 1) several times, each time with the correct template background of the company in question.
- Click on the 'General options' button to configure the template settings.
A. Choose the name of the template and the location (city) of your company
B. It is possible to only show documents between a range of days in procedure (D.I.P.)
C. Decide which documents should be visible in the template (only documents in status procedure, or also in dispute, promise, outsourcing; all documents or only those due)
D. The total amount can be visualized in the document overview table. The other option is to use replaceable tags to communicate the amounts (in the text) below the table
E. Reconciliations can be visualized in the document overview table
F. When ticking the 'force PDF' checkbox, for this template there will always be a PDF document generated, whether or not 'reminder email' is enabled for the debtor. This is useful for registered letters, if you decide to send these by postal mail
The 'force SMS' checkbox is used for the SMS-reminder action
G. The barcode settings can be filled in when your platform is using the BPost integration (track and trace of the registered postal mail)
How to change the location and date position on the PDF template?
You can change the position by adjusting the fields ‘Location top’ and ‘location left’ in the general options of a template
If you want the date to be set in the middle of the template, you can fill in 110 in ‘Location left’, if you want it all the way to the right you fill in 200.
- Add and select the necessary languages.
- Create the content of the email reminder template by clicking 'Change text'.
- Copy paste the email body to the PDF template (PDF - 'Change text').
Add the PDF background to your template.
Click on 'change margins' to adjust the placing of the debtor's address information.
- You can delete a language (template) or add a template in a new language.
Repeat steps 8 and 9 for each new language.
- In the reminder templates, a table with an overview of the outstanding documents is included.
By clicking on 'Change document overview' the columns visible in the table and layout settings can be installed.
Use the 'Force sms' checkbox to make sure a text message will be created for this specific procedure step.
Wherefore are reminder templates used in iController?
The reminder templates are used for standard procedural steps.
- To be able to execute an automatic action on the worksheet from the reminder or registered mail type, it is necessary that a reminder template is linked to the procedural step (in the 'procedures' settings).
- Reminders can also be sent manually from the debtor sheet.
In the left menu tab 'send document overview' there is a possibility to send every reminder that has been created for the company to which the client belongs.
How to change a reminder template?
- In the reminder templates list, all reminder templates are visible.
- All existing languages per templates are shown in the 'languages' column.
- Use the pencil to adjust a template.
Account statement templates
In most cases, it won't be necessary to create an account statement template separately in the 'account statement templates' tab, since this template should be set up in the 'reminder templates' section.
It could be useful to copy the account statement template to this separate section though, when there are account manager users in iController. These users do not have the rights to send reminder templates from the debtor sheet. If desired, they could get the possibility to send an account statement from the debtor sheet, wherefore this template should be created.
All templates that differ from reminder templates and that can be used for several communications in iController, are set up in the 'general templates' section.
Possible general templates are:
- Accompanying email for an recurrent sent report
- Payment plan template
- Warning mail for representative
- Email sent from a configured tracking list
Learn even more about templates