Creating a payment plan
When agreeing with a client to a payment plan, you create this payment plan in iController as follows.
- Go to the client.
- On the bottom of the debtor sheet, cross the document(s) agreed on, to create a payment plan for.
- Click on the 'payment plan' document status button.
- In the next window, you choose the redemption term (weekly, monthly, once every 2 weeks, once every 3 months), the start date and the installment amount.
Costs and interests may or may not be added to the amount (these are defined in the company details settings.
- After clicking the 'Generate payment plan' button, a payment plan is proposed
- It is still possible to manually change the expected payment dates, amounts and the number of installments as desired. Make sure the total amount is equal to the outstanding amount selected for this payment plan (with costs/interests included if applicable).
- Click on the 'Save payment plan' button, on the bottom of the screen.
Following up the payment plan
- On the bottom of the debtor sheet (outstanding documents), the document(s) is/are now moved to the payment plan document status. Therefor they are not in procedure, and need extra following up.
- In the left menu a new tab 'payment plan' appeared. Click on it to consult, edit or delete the created payment plan.
- After clicking on the 'edit' pencil, in the next window it is possible to send the created payment plan to the debtor's email.
The email template can be created in the 'general templates' settings.
- Payments can be allocated to the payment plan in the 'edit' window.
All history of the payment plan can be consulted.
Worksheet: follow up the (broken) payment plans
- Documents that are in 'payment plan' status, do not follow the normal procedures anymore.
- It is important to follow up the broken payment plans on a daily basis though, to be able to intervene quickly when a payment is late.
- As soon as a payment exceeds the due date, the debtor will appear in the tracking list 'broken payment plans'.