At the start of your workday, we advice you to go the the ‘Messages’ tab first before you start your dunning. This way you can start with detecting new promises and new disputes, before sending out reminders.
In general, we advice you not to use the mailbox in your mail program. iController gives you the opportunity to have the complete overview of your messages in one platform, whereas the messages can be centralized on debtor level.
How to use the mailbox in iController
- At the top of the message list you can see the different mailboxes installed in iController.
You can click on each of them to see all incoming messages on the email address.
- On the left side you can use the 'New Message' button to create a new message.
- You can also create a new message from the debtor sheet. Click on the left menu tab 'Messages'.
When doing so, the message is automatically linked to this debtor.
All sent or received messages that are linked to the debtor remain visible in 'Messages' on the debtor sheet.
In 'Drafts' there are emails that were created but haven't been sent (either from the debtor sheet or the messages tab).
'Trash' contains the deleted messages and in the 'Spam' folder there are junk mails.
- When there is a grey globe visible in the beginning of the line, this says this (new) message hasn't been processed.
- When you open the email by clicking on it, you can perform different actions:
- 'Labels': this can be useful to structure your internal workflow (e.g. create label folders ‘to process later on’, ‘to discuss’, create a label folder with each user’s name to be able to assign each email to the correct colleague).
In the left menu you can click this icon to create the label folders.
When you label an email, this message will remain visible in the main messages folder as well as in the folder appearing underneath ’labels’. Why?
- 'Clients': Start typing the debtor reference or name and select the correct client. As soon as you link the correct debtor to an email and close the message, by clicking on 'Done', the email traffic can be consulted on the debtor sheet in the left menu ’Messages’.
- 'Done': When the correct debtor is filled in (2) and you click the 'done'-button (when the mail traffic is completed), the email will disappear from your inbox or label folders. You can now consult these messages exclusively on the debtor sheet.
- 'Reply' & 'Forward': answer incoming messages or forward them.
- 'Create case': this is for the dispute module 'Channel', which is optional and currently under construction
- 'New task': based on email content, you can decide to create a task (e.g. dispute to discuss with manager)
- 'Delete': remove the email from the inbox/debtor sheet
View our related articles: