Action Buttons in Channel Emails
Currently, when you use a channel workflow, you can send email
templates when executing a workflow step. With this latest enhancement, you can now add action buttons created in your workflow to the email template.
This will allow the email recipient to take one of these actions without having to go to Channel.
To implement this:
● Create your workflow
● Include action buttons
● Add the “Workflow Action Button” replaceable tag to your email template.
When this functionality is used, the user will see a Success or Warning message.
● The success message indicates to the user that their action has been executed ● The warning message indicates that the action could not be executed because it’s already been executed within channel or by another user that received the email. It means that the workflow has moved forward already.
A note will be added to channel indicating the action taken and the user name (or email address) of the person that took the action.
External Email-Channel users can now add external emails addresses as delegates and followers on a Channel Case. External user functionality will include:
● Internal communications send to the delegates and owner
● External communications send to delegates, owner, requestor and followers.
● The ability to click on action buttons in the email (see previous enhancement). This gives external users the opportunity to execute workflow steps without having to login in Channel.
NOTE: External users will not be able to access channel pages.
Add Case Comment as a Replaceable Tag in Channel Emails-Users are now able to insert Channel comments into emails. To configure:
● Create a new template with the type “Channel email” and add the template to the workflow to be used.
● Select Language
● Select change text and add the “Case comment” from the replaceable tag list.
Add action to assign people to Channel cases-Users are now able to configure the workflow to automatically assign the case to:
● Create a Channel workflow
● Add new action (set delegate, set follower)
● Select user name.
Note: The action “set delegate” and “set followers” will overwrite the existing delegates and followers.
Add New Fields to Reporting Module-New fields have been added to the reporting module to enhance reporting.
● Case Number has been added to dynamic reporting and can be found in subSection_case category. ● Custom Fields created in channel are now available in the reporting module. Up to 50 custom fields can be added to dynamic reporting. (This can be configured by system admin users or Contact support to have your custom channel fields added to dynamic reporting.)